Monday, November 17, 2014

My fishing story.

"Today we are going to go fishing at the lake!" Dad exclaimed excitedly.
 I was sitting on the couch with the rest of my family watching Tv.
"I hired some fishing rods and a fishing boat," he carried on saying " we are going to go pick it up in a hour."

So we packed a chilly bin, bait and food for us in case we got hungry. "Don't we need a ruler to measure the fish with and some life jackets?" I asked as we were going out the door.

"I don't think we are going to need life jackets but I guess I should pack some and a ruler," he sighed.

So we put the gear in the car, attached the trailer for the fishing boat and drove to pick up the fishing rods and fishing boat. It was a long drive but when we got to the lake we jumped straight away on to the fishing boat, put on our life jackets and started fishing."I've got a bite, help me to reel it in dad!" I shouted after awhile. As we pulled the fish out of the water dad carefully wrapped it in a wet towel and placed it in a chilly bin.

"We should probably measure it now," I said looking at the big fish I had caught.

"No we don't because it's way bigger than the smallest size fish you're allowed to catch" replied dad.

"But we need to put the big fish back just in case it has babies," I disagreed.

Just as dad was putting back a smaller fish along came a Coast Guard. "You need to put the big fish back or I will have to take away your fishing boat" explained the Coast Guard, "Well done with catching it though."

So dad carefully placed the oversized fish back into the water with a wet towel being careful not to rub off any of its scales. Once the Coast Guard had finished checking our fishing boat and made sure we had no other over or undersized fish we continued fishing. After a few more hours we stopped to get some Fish & Chips for tea. After tea my mum took my little sister to find a play ground while my dad, big sister, little brother and I kept fishing.

After a couple more hours we returned the fishing boat and fishing rods to the shop and headed home. At home we cleaned the fish and put it in the freezer so it would be ready to eat when we wanted homemade Fish & Chips for tea.

1 comment:

  1. . Change the word 'boat' for something else
    . You used lot's of paragraphs
    . Good sentence starters

    ReplyDelete